This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hostašovice (Czech Republic)

Nový Jičín okres, Moravia-Silesia region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: hostasovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Hostašovice flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 9 May 2001
adopted 18 Nov 1998 See also:

Hostašovice flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1998); flag adopted 18 Nov 1998.
Hostašovice village is in Kravarsko-region situated in Near-Beskydy Hills. As the most southern part of Nový Jičín district, Hostašovice village forms the entrance to Vallachia region. According to legend, the foundation of Hostašovice village is dated around 1249. A bird-catcher called Hostasa was a warden of Hradisko fortress that was property of the Stary Jičín castle and at that time he settled near to the Hrazka creek. A plantation and afterwards a wood-village has been founded that belonged to Stary Jičín manor. In 1749 the trustee of Stary Jičín castle promoted the previous wood-village to a self-dependent commune. Hostašovice obtained the right to use a seal with the sign of crossed dew-rake and flail. The community was living itself till 1978 when it became a part of Nový Jičín town. In 1991 Hostašovice became again a self-dependent commune. In 1999 the 750th anniversary of the foundation of Hostašovice village and the 250th jubilee of promotion the wood-village to the self-dependent commune was celebrated. The celebration was held from Juni 27th to Juli 6th. At present there are 655 residents.
Info from this webpage.
Jarig Bakker, 23 Sep 2001

Hostašovice coat of arms

[Hostašovice Coat of Arms] image from this webpage, located by Jarig Bakker, 23 Sep 2001