This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Heilbronn County (Stuttgart District, Baden-Württemberg, Germany)

Landkreis Heilbronn

Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: baden-württemberg | heilbronn county | landkreis heilbronn | coat of arms (eagle: white) | coat of arms (eagle: clawless) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Heilbronn County (Stuttgart District, Baden-Württemberg, Germany)] 5:2
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 6th June 1988, coat-of-arms adopted 20th June 1955


See also:


Description

White-red with the arms. Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Stadler 1964-1972.

Stefan Schwoon, 20 March 2001

Adopted 06.06.1988, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were granted on June 20, 1955, and confirmed on September 3, 1973. The clawless eagle was the arms of the Counts of Lauffen, who ruled the area until the beginning of the 13th century. As the city of Heilbronn also uses an eagle, it was chosen as a representative symbol. The arms replaced arms used by the country since 1928. These arms showed a wheat-ear, hammer and some grapes around an escutcheon with an anchor. These arms represented the different industries in the district, agriculture, mining, viniculture and the harbour at the Neckar.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 6 March 2002


Civil Flag

[Heilbronn County, civil flag (Stuttgart District, Baden-Württemberg, Germany)] 5:2
by Santiago Dotor
Flag adopted 6th June 1988