Last modified: 2013-07-06 by rick wyatt
Keywords: new york | islandia | islip | suffolk county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located by Ned Smith, 1 June 2012
The flag of the Village of Islandia, Suffolk County, NY is shown in a number of photos at the Village's online Photo Gallery:
The entry page for the photo galleries is at www.newvillageofislandia.com/pages/visiting_islandia/photogallery.html.
The flag is white (the examplar has gold fringe) with what appears to be the village seal:
- a white ring, set off by inner and outer gold braids;
- a mid-blue field;
- a white silhouette map of Long Island superimposed overall, and extending beyond the outer braid on both ends;
- a black star on the map, placed at Islandia's approximate location;
- gold lettering on the blue field, reading INCORPORATED (above the map) and 1985 (below the map);
- and blue lettering within the ring reading VILLAGE OF ISLANDIA (above) and SUFFOLK COUNTY, N. Y. (below).
The Village of Islandia is within the Town of Islip, was incorporated in 1985, has a population of more than 3,000, and an area of ca. 2.2 sq. miles (5.8 sq. km).
Ned Smith, 1 June 2012